Competitive salary, car allowance and incentivised bonus scheme
Sara is one of the UK’s best-known names for the provision of specialist loading bay equipment, fast-action doors, scissor lift tables and ramps.Founded in 1983, they are based in Hemel Hempstead and provide design, installation and maintenance services to customers across the UK through a network of service depots.They believe in ‘high quality, good service and fair price’ and work hard with their customers to achieve this.
With the aim of strengthening their market position and business performance, they now wish to appoint a Managing Director to implement their new business development plan and lead sara to a higher level of competitiveness.Working from the company’s headquarters in Hemel Hempstead, the Managing Director will have broad-ranging responsibilities including:
- Increasing sales through greater customer focus, marketing initiatives and communications to existing and potential clients
- Driving a culture change within the business, encouraging harder and smarter working for the benefit of customers, employees and shareholders, improving efficiency and quality and providing training and development for staff
- Integrating the sales and service aspects of the business, encouraging co-operation and teamwork for the greater success of the overall business
- Financial management, focusing on increasing turnover, improving profitability and maintaining cash-flow
To excel in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A good technical understanding of the functioning of an installation/servicing operation
- A proven track record in sales and managing a service operation in a related industry
- Management of a business’s P&L and strong commercial acumen
- Clear communication and presentation skills, with the ability to relate effectively to a broad range of people
- A dynamic and inspirational style, leading by example and motivating a diverse team
- Drive and self-motivation, with the ability to see challenges in a positive way
This opportunity will enable you to build on sara’s respected reputation, high-quality products and committed work-force to take the business to greater success and consolidate its position within its market.
If you are interested, please apply to sara’s retained consultant, Holtby Turner, Edinburgh House, 40 Great Portland Street, London W1W 7LZ. Telephone: 0203 371 6680. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to call for an informal discussion. Any direct applications will be forwarded to Holtby Turner.