“Creating a working environment where there was none”
In the current climate where logistic companies are continually expanding, we have found that our load house (also known as a load pod or dock house) solutions are proving popular as they are economic and suit a variety of loading bay applications allowing the internal space to be fully utilised.
The Dock Solutions load house is a stand-alone separate fully operational loading bay which is mounted externally to the warehouse structure, suitable for extending or upgrading existing buildings, and new build projects. An ideal add-on for warehouses where space is limited as it gives that all needed important extra space, ensuring that valuable internal operational space remains fully utilised. Suitable for all applications although they are particularly recommended for temperature and hygiene-controlled warehouses, distribution centres and storage facilities.
Get Exactly What You Need!
With our in house design team Dock Solutions can offer you a bespoke design service and free site survey with one of our experienced surveyors, ensuring that your load house meets your exact project and budget requirements which in turn will fully suit your operational needs; whether that be double-decked, squared or angled (saw-tooth).
What are the features of a Dock Solutions load House?
Below we take
a look at what a load house will normally consist of and the different features
that make a load house complete.
Our manufactured steel frame can be clad with either single skin or double insulated panels then completed with your choice of docking equipment:
- Dock Levellers – hinge lip or telescopic, available with flexible installation options of standard pit mounted, suspended or cast-in
- Scissor Lift
- Bridge Plate
- Lift & Tilt Edge of Docks
- Industrial Doors – from fast action, roller shutter, sectionals and all in between
- Rigid (DS2000) – A good shelter option for a wide range of vehicles
- Retractable (DS3000) – The most commonly used system, frame retracts and pivots when struck returning to its original position
- Inflatable (DS4000) – Creates the optimal sealing solution between the building and vehicle, with inflatable airbags both at the top and sides of the shelter, the number one choice for temperature and hygiene-controlled environments
- Dock seal (DS1000/DS1001) – The most basic, efficient and cost-effective alternative sealing solution, compression foam pads
- Tables – manufactured to your requirements
- Stairways – manufactured to your requirements
- Traffic and loading bay lights
- Salvo Safety Systems – help to prevent unscheduled truck departure for added safety
- Dock bumpers – wide variety, including rubber, nylon and UHMWPE
- Wheel guides
Our pods can include additional extras such as sky lights to allow for natural light.
Dock solutions can supply all associated products and as the UK manufacturer of dock levellers and shelters, you can be assured of the most competitive prices.
Advantages of installing a Dock Solutions Load House:
- Space saving/making – being outside the main building the load house does not take up any valuable internal operational and storage space that built in dock levellers will, giving you that all important extra space
- Easy add-on to an existing building – no major civil work required and should not disrupt the factory operations
- Quick and easy installation – carried out by our team of specialist trained engineers
- Bespoke designs – Made to measure!
- Improves safety
- Energy efficient – load houses will not require heating or chilling to the same temperature as the main warehouse, as the load house remains sealed by the existing access door, meaning heat and chill loss is kept to a minimum
- Relocatable/movable – Dock Solutions load houses can be dismantled and relocated if required meaning your investment can go with you should you move premises
- Protection against vehicle damage to the building – which can prove to be extremely expensive to repair upon the end of your lease!
Dock Solutions Load Houses – Made to Measure!
Dock Solutions has been manufacturing, designing and installing loading bay equipment for over 15 years. By choosing to work with us it gives you peace of mind; not only do we carry all relevant insurances, supply you with all the necessary risk and method statements particular to your specific project we are also accredited to Alcumus SafeContractor, SMAS, CHAS, SSIP and ALeM, meaning that we are committed to handling Health and Safety correctly and that we meet the legal requirements before working on your sites.
We have the widest range of competitively priced loading bay equipment and industrial doors available. If you have a loading bay project, or you’re interested in our servicing and repair package, do not hesitate to contact our friendly experienced team today for a free, no obligation quotation.
Dock Solutions “Get Exactly What You Need!”
Tel: 0800 06 999 08