Yodel, the UK’s second-largest parcel delivery business, is delighted to announce its success at the National Courier Awards in winning the Corporate Safety Award. The award itself was received by Brain Wheadon, Support Services Director, on behalf of Yodel.The award was in recognition of Yodel saving over £600,000 in fuel costs because of the SAFED training offered to drivers in the network. The training included taking into account the winter period when the weather was poor and more stop/start driving was required. As more drivers are trained in the coming months, including those driving company cars, Yodel expect to see even more savings.
Brian Wheadon, Support Services Director at Yodel, said: “We are extremely pleased that our driver training programmes have achieved such an accolade. The financial savings are outstanding – we knew that improving driving techniques and knowledge across our fleet would have benefits but we never thought it would be to this extent.”
Jonathan Smith, Chief Executive of Yodel, said: “We are delighted to have been recognised by the National Courier Awards. Brian and the team work very hard and we are extremely proud to be taking these positive steps towards being a more efficient and greener company.”
The sold out event, held at The IoD, Pall Mall, on Tuesday 14th September, was attended by 200 guests for a gala dinner to celebrate the best of the best in same day delivery. The award was supported by The Department for Transport.
- Home Delivery Network Limited on 1 March 2010 purchased through its subsidiary company, Parcelpoint Limited, the domestic B2B and B2C businesses of DHL Express (UK) Limited
- Yodel will deliver over 200 million parcels per year with annual revenues of £600 million
- It is the second-largest parcel delivery business in the UK after Royal Mail
- Yodel operates 8 national hubs,120 service centres and a fleet of 5,000 vans
- The company is headquartered in Hatfield
L-R Brian Wheadon (Yodel Support Services Director), Kerrie Evans (System Training Account Manager), Steve Love (Yodel Driver Training Manager) and Robin Brown (System Training Chief Executive)
For further information:
Brunswick Group 020 7404 5959
David Litterick / Teresa Bianchi