Revolutionary in design, the Boston “8500” Series handheld is now the toughest device available on the market. Constructed with an internal dual magnesium alloy chassis, the device is unrivalled by any of its close followers whilst maintaining a competitive pricing advantage. Combining optimum processing power and all the latest technologies in one mobile computer the inner strength of the Boston “8500” extends the life by more than ten times that of the traditional handheld pda. Environmentally sealed to IP65 specifications, the Boston is designed to withstand rigorous use in the most extreme environments.
Tough inside and out, the unique magnesium alloy chassis provides excellent torsional strength in conjunction with a high strength, high impact zinc alloy outer casing. Capable of surviving repeated 1.5m drops to concrete, the inclusion of high impact rubber bumpers ensure that the Boston is not only fit for purpose, but the strongest mobile computer on the market.
The Boston 8500 is the latest generation in mobile computing technology. With its compact, sleek and lightweight design, the multimodal Boston handheld computer facilitates superior data collection, from scanning to voice to RFID. The real-time communication and dynamic functionality provides startling productivity and efficiency gains that will revolutionise data capture for a variety of user applications including:
- Warehousing and Logistics
- Proof of Delivery (POD)
- Van Sales and Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS)
- Meter Reading/Utilities
- Emergency Services/Service Engineers
Available with a range of laser scanners and imagers, the Boston facilitates superior data capture within any scanning scenario. The high resolution imager allows the Boston to read exceptionally well in difficult working conditions such as direct sunlight and through glass. The supreme functionality of the imager also enables users to take pictures, useful in situations where there is a need to record damage, obstructions or violations. Covering the full range of RFID technologies the Bostons RFID capabilities are second to none.
The Boston is also available with a number of radio communication options including WiFi, Bluetooth and GPRS, enabling users to stay connected wherever they are and whatever task they are performing. The GPS/GPRS module allows remote communications with a GPRS server or the internet and when combined with the fully integrated GPS capability, users can gain even greater fleet control and visibility with the ability to track vehicles in real-time to a fraction of a kilometre.
Incorporating Belgraviums “Remote Terminal Administration” software module the Boston can be effectively managed and monitored in real time from a central location. A unique built in drop monitor function provides operators and managers with real time usage information reporting back or storing episodes of excessive force and terminal misuse.
Some of the many other key features and benefits of the Boston 8500 Series include:
- Reliable Identification – Fitted with a true laser engine for barcode reading, the data capture is realised without error.
- Large Memory Capacity – Designed to run large application programmes including SQL databases and Java, the Boston’s 128 MB memory option provides application data storage and almost unlimited memory capacity by means of a mini SD card slot.
- Excellent Graphics Capabilities – With high resolution QVGA TFT screen and innovative hybrid touchpad technology. The inclusion of a unique programmable backlight ensures outstanding readability in all ambient lighting conditions.
- Keyboard – Full Alpha Numeric (61 key) keyboard with programmable function keys allow users to adapt key functions to suit each and every individual application.
- High Autonomy – With an exceptional battery life workers can have the confidence in continuous operation throughout their shift without the need for battery swop outs.
- Pistol Grip – The pistol grip is an easy to fit option whilst maintaining a rugged and secure mounting to the main body.
- Side Scan Keys – Suitable for both small and large handed operators. Side scan keys facilitate both left and/or right handed scanning.
Tel: 01274 741860