The 2017 CILT Annual Conference and Dinner will consider the challenges and opportunities of optimising skills and technology in the supply chain. The conference: Driving the future, will take place at Chesford Grange in Kenilworth, Warwickshire on 8th June. It will bring together the world’s leading minds in logistics, operations management and transport and will engage and inform delegates on how to cope with the future of the profession.
Expert speakers at the forefront of change and challenges in their sectors will share their knowledge and experience.
Speakers already confirmed for the event include:
• Neil Ashworth FCILT, Chief Executive Officer, Collect+
• Beverley Bell FCILT, Senior Traffic Commissioner for Great Britain
• Professor Martin Christopher FCILT, Emeritus Professor of Marketing and Logistics, Cranfield School of Management
• Major General Angus Fay FCILT, Assistant Chief of Defence Staff (Logistics Operations), UK Ministry of Defence
• Paul Kehoe, Chief Executive Officer, Birmingham International Airport
• Professor Alan McKinnon, Professor of Logistics, Kühne Logistics University
• Tony O’Brien, Managing Director, Panasonic Systems Solutions Europe
• Andy Parsons, Director, AutoLogic Systems • Robin Proctor FCILT
• Jim Spittle, Chairman, GS1
• Professor Edward Sweeney FCILT, Professor of Logistics and Head of Group, Aston University
• Professor Richard Wilding OBE FCILT, Professor of Supply Chain Strategy Demand Chain Management, Cranfield School of Management
The programme will be split into three streams:
• Encouraging excellence: how we can develop the skills of our talented and diverse workforce
• Transforming technology: how we can capitalise on the next big thing
• Delivering innovation: what we need to do to facilitate change The conference will conclude with a debate: Technology should replace logistics and transport professionals.
Driving the Future is set to be CILT’s biggest Annual Conference with leading academic and industry speakers offering their thoughts how our profession will look in years to come. It will take place at Chesford Grange in Kenilworth, Warwickshire on 8th–9th June. The Institute is pleased to announce that another wave of high-profile industry experts have agreed to share their views on how we can encourage excellence, transform technology and inspire innovation.
Speakers at this year’s event include: David Waboso, Group Managing Director, Digital Railway, Network Rail; Richard Potter, Innovation and Digital Transformation Leader, Sopra Steria; Shulah Jones, Head of Business Strategy and Project Director, Port Academy Liverpool; Martin Elliott, Solutions Manager, Logistex; Neil Griffiths, Divisional Director – Logistics, Arco; Paul Kehoe, Chief Executive, Birmingham Airport; and Professor David Cebon, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Cambridge.