The established Beeching Road Industrial area is considered to be the principle warehousing location in Bexhill
Beeching Road is located within easy reach of the A259 leading to Eastbourne and Hastings, comprising predominately warehousing space and car showrooms.
The estate sits on a prominent road side position at the heart of the Beeching Industrial Area close to the Bexhill town centre and comprises of two terraces of 6 units each of circa 20,000 sq ft dating from the 1960’s. The vicinity has the potential for redevelopment to higher value uses.
• Attract trade counter uses due to prominent location and under wider redevelopment
• Refurbish the vacant units on a rolling basis to increase the profile of the estate, the building fabric and attract occupiers. The Fund has committed capital sums to achieve this on phased basis. Phase 1 will be Units 9-12 where the Fund had given approval for their refurbishment.
• Increase rents from their historic level.
• Lettings to establish trade counter operators – The letting to Screwfix, a prominent trade counter operator in February will attract other trade operators. Terms are being agreed with other national and regionally trade counters.
• Rentals have seen an increase of 50%.